In late 2011, I wrote a blog post where I mentioned that I was trying to come in Malaysia for M.Sc study. I was trying and trying, applying here and there and finally in February 2012 I got the good news that, I’ve approved to get Research Fund in Multimedia University (MMU), Melaka Campus for study and research in Health Information Technology. My supervisor and co-supervisor are great and highly experienced people. My supervisor is by born American, completed his B.Sc & M.Sc in US, Ph.D in Germany and worked in various university. My co-supervisor is also Ph.D holder. So I will learn many things from them.
A few months ago I worked in a web project where we had to develop web & SMS application. Our main project is fully web application where we need to integrate SMS and some voice feature. We also wanted to integrate this feature easily and cost effectively. After some R&D in google search we found several web services for this purpose. Among all the services we liked Twilio.
There are several reasons to choose Twilio. One of the most important reason is, its very easy to integrate Twilio’s REST API. The price is also cheap compare to other services. In this post I’ll not write details about Twilio. You can easily learn more about it by there web site. I’ll mention some features that we integrated in our application.
Firstly I want to say sorry to my blog readers because I didn’t publish much article about facebook app development in 2011. Because I was very busy for my job, life and honestly said I was not an active facebook web developer in 2011. In computer science algorithm and data structure subject we learned “Time space trade off”. That means if you need faster solution you’ve to use more space and vice versa. This is happened in our life also. If you invest some time in a work you definitely have to leave some time in other works.
Whatever I’m writing this post to inform my friends and blog readers about my activity in 2011
I’ve an iOS application named Translator Free where I have been using Facebook iOS library to share translated text as user’s facebook status. Some day ago I noticed that facebook deprecated the message field. They deprecated it in July 12, 2011 and I noticed it much later. I’m surprised for their decision.
Most of the time people write code locally, upload them in remote server and test whether his facebook connect base application works or not. They either has a domain name or a dedicated IP address. Because when we create a facebook application we have to provide an URL in the setting page. In this tutorial I’ll show you how to develop and test facebook connect base application locally. This tutorial will only work for facebook connect base application or website, not for facebook Iframe base canvas or page application.
- We want to develop a facebook connect base website/application
- We want to test everything in our laptop or local pc not on the remote server
- Suppose we don’t have a dedicated IP address or any domain
During 2003~2007 I was an undergraduate computer science student. In this time for our course material and for programming passion I used to try to solve ACM problems from the well-known University of Valladolid site. I solved arround 203 ACM problems in this site. Today I found in my laptop still the accepted codes are saved. So I think I should share these code. May be these could be useful for someone. I had written 99% of my code using C++ language.
Have you ever noticed that, if you implemented Facebook like or Facebook Share in wordpress blog and when people click Like the shared post on user wall looks not good most of the time. This is because you didn’t implement the facebook open graph meta data in your blog post or page. As a result when facebook parse the link sometimes they can’t parse it properly that you expected.
To solve the situation you’ve to add open graph meta data in your site. Some days ago I manually added this in my blog’s theme, but later I decided to make a wordpress plugin so that it become easier to use and share with others.
For last 8 months, I have been working on a web application. We are developing the application based on CodeIgniter framework. In our project there are normal web version and mobile view version. Some days ago we noticed that, some people can’t login their account via mobile version though there username & password are correct. After debugging and digging the problem we found that in iPod Touch 2G/3GS Safari browser, this problem is happening.
In this tutorial I’ll explain:
- Facebook Authentication Process
- Facebook Connect Authentication
- How to get extended permission to get more informations
- How to use graph api
- How to show stream publish prompt and share prompt
- How to publish post in user’s wall using graph api
- How to get additional information by FQL Query
- How to set status using old legacy api (REST api) calling
- How to show ajax loader when interactive with facebook
I think every programmer should learn different languages and work in different platforms. You can ask me why? If you work on PHP backend development for 5 years, you will become an experienced guy and will earn better income.
So why you’ll invest your time for other language and other platform?
Because it will give you a good taste of programming and you’ll enjoy yourself. I’m not telling you to leave PHP development and move to other platform, I’m just telling you to make some extra time from your regular job and work in different platform or technology.
- Importance of iOS App Name In The Store November 15, 2013
- Frustrated About New AdMob Merged with AdSense October 24, 2013
- Advertise Mediation for Mobile Apps August 25, 2013
- Add social feature quickly in your iOS app using OWActivityViewController July 9, 2013
- Graph API & IFrame Base Facebook Application Development May 28, 2010
- PHP SDK & Graph API base Facebook Connect Tutorial May 2, 2010
- Integrate linkedin api in your site March 16, 2010
- PHP SDK 3.0 & Graph API base Facebook Connect Tutorial May 26, 2011
- mahmud ahsan: Admob is for mobile not for web. Google now mergin...
- SAMUEL DERVIS: @mahmud thank you very much for helping me out. ...
- saral nepali: Bro you said adsense is blocked but i still can se...
- more: Excellent happy synthetic eyesight for detail and ...
- Birthday Reminder app updated to version 2.0
- Dictionary Apps 9.2 Released
- Translator 64 Updated for iOS 7
- All Dictionary Apps Updated for iOS 7
- Arabic, Thai, Hebrew, Hindi Dictionary Apps Updated For iOS 7
- New Word Search Vocabulary Building Game For iPhone And iPad
- Relaunch Of Hangman For iPhone/iPad Adds New Features To Classic Game