I’ve an iOS application named Translator Free where I have been using Facebook iOS library to share translated text as user’s facebook status. Some day ago I noticed that facebook deprecated the message field. They deprecated it in July 12, 2011 and I noticed it much later. I’m surprised for their decision.
Most of the time people write code locally, upload them in remote server and test whether his facebook connect base application works or not. They either has a domain name or a dedicated IP address. Because when we create a facebook application we have to provide an URL in the setting page. In this tutorial I’ll show you how to develop and test facebook connect base application locally. This tutorial will only work for facebook connect base application or website, not for facebook Iframe base canvas or page application.
- We want to develop a facebook connect base website/application
- We want to test everything in our laptop or local pc not on the remote server
- Suppose we don’t have a dedicated IP address or any domain
Have you ever noticed that, if you implemented Facebook like or Facebook Share in wordpress blog and when people click Like the shared post on user wall looks not good most of the time. This is because you didn’t implement the facebook open graph meta data in your blog post or page. As a result when facebook parse the link sometimes they can’t parse it properly that you expected.
To solve the situation you’ve to add open graph meta data in your site. Some days ago I manually added this in my blog’s theme, but later I decided to make a wordpress plugin so that it become easier to use and share with others.
In this tutorial I’ll explain:
- Facebook Authentication Process
- Facebook Connect Authentication
- How to get extended permission to get more informations
- How to use graph api
- How to show stream publish prompt and share prompt
- How to publish post in user’s wall using graph api
- How to get additional information by FQL Query
- How to set status using old legacy api (REST api) calling
- How to show ajax loader when interactive with facebook
In this post you’ll learn:
- How to integrate Facebook Connect in your website
- How to generate Facebook Login / Logout URL
- How to get extended permissions from users
- How to call graph api
- How to run FQL Query
- Publish Wall Post using PHP
Facebook recently updated their PHP-SDK to version 3.0. This is a major change. So I decided to update some of my facebook related tutorials with updated code.
At first I want to tell you that, this post is the updated version of my popular post Graph API & IFrame Base Facebook Application Development . So if you never saw that tutorial I request you to visit that and learn the basic things specially facebook application setup. Also on that post I mentioned some important things regarding iframe, so in this post I’ll not mention them again.
So in this updated post we will learn:
- How to update facebook php sdk 3.0 library
- How to give extended permissions
- How to call graph api
- How to publish stream using facebook’s latest dialog system
- How to request/invite your friends and track them
Yesterday someone mailed me that my application http://apps.facebook.com/thinkdiffdemo is continuously refreshing. I developed that application 1 year ago for demo purpose. So today I checked and I found yeah its refreshing continuously.
Then I changed the application setting like below and thus the problem solved. So if you also faced this type of problem first check the application setting.
From my previous tutorial you already learned how to setup and develop iframe base facebook page application. I named this tutorial iAdvance, because In this tutorial I’ll describe some more advance features but I’ll skip some parts those I already described in my previous tutorial.
Facebook provides some api to access user data and to access this data user must have to authorized your application. Otherwise you can’t call facebook api to get user data. Though facebook sends very minimal user data when user will visit your page app.
In this tutorial I’ll explain:
- How to add authentication feature in your page app using php sdk
- How to provide extended permissions list in the authorization page
- How to use graph api to get user’s data & update user’s status
- How to use FQL query
- How to parse signed_request sends by facebook
- How to detect if user liked your facebook page or not
Once upon a time there were some FBML/FBJS terms used to develop facebook page application. That time you had to learn fbml and fbjs to make simple page application. But the good news is someday ago facebook added iframe support in page application. So facebook page application development now become much easier than ever.
I named this tutorial iSimple, because in this tutorial I’ll teach you how easily you could setup a facebook page application, add in your page, customize your code to make nice app. This is the first part of my 2 parts series tutorial, in the next part I’ll show you more advance techniques to get user’s data via facebook API.
So in this tutorial I’ll explain:
- Simple iframe app setup for facebook page
- Basic php files structure setup
- How to use facebook’s social plugins
- Invite Request Box
- Stream Publish in your wall
- Ajax page loading
- How to add application in facebook page
For any kind of web or iOS application, marketing is very important for success. If people don’t know about your product then how will you get users. So you should be aware that if some people know about your product they can share that with their friends.
Facebook, twitter are very popular social network. So in your application you should integrate this feature that if people like your app they could share that in facebook or twitter.
If you search you’ll find facebook library or twitter library to integrate in your iOS application. But I found a very useful and open source iOS library developed in objective C named ShareKit, that has all of these popular services integrated. And its very easy to add this library in your iOS application and use. And their documentation is super easy to understand.
I integrated this library in one of my iOS application named Translator Free . Why I integrated this? Because users can share translated status in facebook or twitter or email their friend.
If you develop game or application and wants your app/game users could share your app, you should use ShareKit. It will help you and save your time.
- Google AdMob Published Arabic Dictionary As Case Study December 6, 2014
- Freemium or Only Paid Apps for Business November 11, 2014
- Experience of Porting iOS app for Android May 15, 2014
- Better late than never February 4, 2014
- Graph API & IFrame Base Facebook Application Development May 28, 2010
- PHP SDK & Graph API base Facebook Connect Tutorial May 2, 2010
- PHP SDK 3.0 & Graph API base Facebook Connect Tutorial May 26, 2011
- Integrate linkedin api in your site March 16, 2010
- Snehasish: I want to see all pages that I liked, But It shows...
- Kiran: Excellent article with good sample code....
- mahmud ahsan: This is very old tutorial. Please checkout Faceboo...
- James Scott: hey! thank you Mahmud. this is a great tutorial.. ...
- Google AdMob Published Arabic Dictionary As Case Study
- Word Search Multilingual Android Version 3.0 Released
- Augment Reality Based Scan Feature Introduced in Educational Apps
- Biggest iOS Word Search Now Comes in Android
- Biggest iOS Word Search Now Comes With Multiplayer
- Word Search 31 Version 3.2 Released for iPhone, iPad
- Minesweeper Puzzle Released For Android